- The current active genetic configuration.
- The array of Alleles that represent the values of the genes in this
- Keeps track of whether or not this Chromosome has been selected by
the natural selector to move on to the next generation.
- Stores the fitness value of this Chromosome as determined by the
active fitness function.
- References the current fitness function that will be used to evaluate
chromosomes during the natural selection process.
- References the NaturalSelector implementation that will be used to
determine which chromosomes are chosen to be a part of the next
- References a Chromosome that serves as a sample of the Allele setup
that is to be used. Each gene in the Chromosome should be represented
with the desired Allele type. Note that this value is mutually
exclusive with the sample allele--only one may be set at a time.
- References the random number generator implementation that is to be
used for the generation of any random numbers during the various
genetic operations and processes.
- References the EventManager that is to be used for the notification
of genetic events and the management of event subscribers.
- References the AllelePool, if any, that is to be used to pool unused
Allele instances so that they may be recycled later, thereby saving
- Stores all of the GeneticOperator implementations that are to be used
to operate upon the chromosomes of a population prior to natural
selection. In general, operators will be executed in the order that
they are added to this list.
- The number of genes that will be stored in each chromosome in the
- The number of chromosomes that will be stored in the Genotype.
- Indicates whether the settings of this Configuration instance have
been locked. Prior to locking, the settings may be set and reset
as desired. Once this flag is set to true, no settings may be
- The current mutation rate used by this MutationOperator, expressed as
the denominator in the 1 / X ratio. For example, a value of 1000 would
mean that, on average, 1 / 1000 genes would be mutated. A value of zero
disabled mutation entirely.
- Indicates whether dynamic mutation rate determination is enabled or
not. If enabled, then the mutation rate will be determined automatically
based upon the number of genes present in the chromosomes. If disabled,
then the value of m_mutationRate will be used.
- Represents the "roulette wheel." Each key in the Map is a Chromosome
and each value is an instance of the SlotCounter inner class, which
keeps track of how many slots on the wheel that Chromosome is using.
- Keeps track of the total number of slots that are in use on the
roulette wheel. This is equal to the combined fitness values of
all Chromosome instances that have been added to this wheel.
- An internal pool in which old SlotCounter instances can be stored
so that they can be reused over and over again, thus saving memory
and the overhead of constructing new ones each time.
- References the name of this event instance.